MAGI Medicaid offers comprehensive health insurance to low-income children and adults. Most people must receive services through a managed care plan. See the questions below to determine if you qualify for MAGI Medicaid and if it is the best option for you.
Who qualifies for MAGI Medicaid?
You may qualify for MAGI Medicaid if:
- You are a US/Naturalized Citizen or an immigrant present with the knowledge and consent of the US immigration service
- Your modified gross income is below the income limit
- You are a New York State resident
How much does MAGI Medicaid cost?
Medicaid provides free health insurance to individuals who qualify based on income and family size. If you qualify for MAGI Medicaid, you may be required to enroll into a managed care plan to receive your medical services. Some services may be subject to co-payments, these co-payments can be as little as 50 cents ($0.50). The maximum you will pay out of pocket for the year cannot exceed $200.
What services will MAGI Medicaid cover?
MAGI Medicaid will cover essential health benefits (EHBs), including:
- All regular medical checkups and follow-up care
- Doctor and clinic visits
- Prescription drugs
- Medical supplies
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Lab tests and x-rays.
- Eye care and eyeglasses
- Emergency care
- Dental care
- Nursing home care and home care
- Emergency ambulance transportation
- In-patient hospitalization
How do I enroll in MAGI Medicaid?
You can enroll in person, online, or over the phone. If you need assistance enrolling into MAGI Medicaid or more information, please contact CHA at 888-614-5400.